Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bitchen' Camero

OK, so during my three days of joy with my Hyundai Sonata, I had XM radio. I found a punk rock station. It took me on a little trip down memory lane, as punk rock is my roots. Anyhow, much to my pleasure and joy, this song happened to sneak its way upon the digital airwaves. Probably the last song I expected to hear, even on a punk rock station playing an endless drove of old school. Anyhow, as simple and rudimentary as this song is, I love it. Do they have a great deal of talent? Hell no. But it is good, ol' fashioned punk rock at its finest...simple riffs, amusing lyrics. Not to mention a pretty poor drummer. Whatev. This is for Mark.

2 comments:

Joliene said...

200 points for bitchin' camero. awesomely hilarious.

Joliene said...

and p.s., an interesting take on the affirmative action issue is one by richard rodriguez, an amazing writer who wrote about how, as a mexican-american, had the culture squashed out of his home by the education system and his assimilation into american culture. read "hunger of memory."

affirmative action has many damaging aspects... as a white middle class female, i share in the frustration with the reality that minority citizens have a 5% better chance of being accepted into many universities... however, i also acknowledge that there are a great deal more arbitrary hinderances for minorities than there are for those of us so priviledged to be born into a group of people which seldom sees itself discriminated against.

while affirmitive action may be "unfairly" advantaging minorities, i admire its goal to equalize, since, of course, most of the unfairness for minorities has decidedly been to their disadvantage.