Friday, March 7, 2008

The Man I Killed

So at some point I had to throw a little punk in here. I love NOFX. One of the few punk bands I still pull out of the closet. I love Fat Mike's voice, which has only gotten better over the years. This song is from their latest album. Their songs are generally short, which always leaves me wanting more. This song is actually about killing president Bush, which I certainly don't condone. However, one of the things that I appreciate about NOFX is the fact that they are at the very least informed. They are not your typical, senseless, anarchy-spouting punk band. Even though I generally don't agree with them, they are at least informed, and aren't simply spouting lyrics about topics of which they know nothing. The last verse in the song says, "...There's a priest kneeling next to me, he asked me if I realized, I was goin straight to hell, and he thought that I should know, that the man I killed's replacement planned this whole scenario, and what I did, had no significance...at all." In other words, even if we get rid of a bad one, the next one is probably just as bad. Happy voting. Anyways, it's a fun song. So there.

No comments: